Valerie Kinast, Urban Planner
Valerie is an urban planner and a consulting planner with 7 Directions Architects/Planners. She’s experienced in interdisciplinary reviews to optimize the design of infrastructure and public spaces.
With her 15 years of professional experience and degrees in both city planning and environmental policy, she brings an extensive knowledge of planning principles, public policy and public process to the 7 Directions team.
- Masters of Science – Urban Design and Planning, Technische Universitat Hamburg, Germany 1999
- Bachelor of Science – Environmental Policy, Western Washington University 1991
- 7 Directions Architects/Planners, Consulting Planner, 2013 – present
- City of Seattle – DPD, Design Commission and Light Rail Review Panel Manager, 2007 – present
- City of Seattle – DPD, Land Use Planner, 2006 – 2007
- Seattle Planning Commission Member, 2004-2006
- City of Renton: Associate Land Use Planner, 2004 – 2006
- D & K Architects, Hamburg, Germany, International Urban Design Competition Coordinator, 2001 – 2002
- City-State of Hamburg, Germany, Assistant Historic Preservation Urban Design Liaison, 1996 – 1999
- VorOrt Neighborhood Center, Hamburg, Germany Founder, Co-Director 1996 – 2000
- Skokomish Tribe Community Center Design, Skokomish, WA
- Stillaguamish Community Master Plan and Housing, Arlington, WA in-progress
- Tolowa Community Master Plan and Housing, Smith River, CA in-progess